We at Amyma try to ensure that each investment opportunity is compared against defined criteria by our professionals in-house to ensure they are clear, transparent and well researched prior to us introducing it to you. However, all investments carry elements of risk and we believe that it is important that you understand what the risks and rewards are and how they are managed by the investment provider.
We must make you aware that Amyma is not authorised or regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and does not offer financial advice, recommendations or opinions on the appropriateness of the investments to you.
Therefore should you wish to receive any form of qualified financial advice from a FCA regulated financial advisor we would recommend that you visit: https://www.unbiased.co.uk/ to find an IFA in your local area who can assist you.
Our Consultation Process
Amyma receives ongoing legal and compliance advice to ensure that investors receive information in a way that is compliant with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA). The way that this is done is by following a process below:
- Amyma receives an inbound request for information from you, the potential investor.
- You explain to Amyma what you are looking for, ideally this would include information such as your preferred returns, timeframe, sector of investment, etc.
- You declare your investor status through our Eligibility to invest page where you have to self-certify as Self Certified Sophisticated Investor of High Net Worth Investor. This is based on the level of assets you own outside the equity in your property and / or the level of investment experience or knowledge that you have.
- The investor declaration is then forwarded to investment provider(s) in which you expressed an interest in.
- Investment Providers then are able to send you their marketing and promotional material directly. These can be in a form of Investment Memorandums (IM’s) or similar documents or Brochures. These normally cover all aspects of the investment proposal including the financial structure, the investment terms, the potential risks and the targeted returns so that you as an investor can make your decision from a well informed position. You can also speak to the Investment providers directly!
Some investments may require you to speak to one of their directors and some may require you to set up an account with an FCA regulated brokerage in a similar way to when you buy a listed bond or stock.
Once you feel ready and happy to make an investment, you can inform the investment provider directly or if you prefer your Amyma agent can take a note of what you want to do and inform the investment provider for you.
Each investment provider has its own onboarding process and a customer services department to assist you with the investment process in a timely manner.
It is important that you know that Amyma acts solely as an introducer and that the performance of the investments that we introduce you to is not our responsibility.
Unless a communication of the financial promotion is made or approved by an authorised person, it can only be communicated if it is covered by an exemption to the financial promotion restriction imposed by section 21 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA).
For that reason investment providers, and therefore Amyma, can only communicate their financial promotions (in most circumstances Information Memorandums) to High Net Wort Investors or Self-Certified Sophisticated Investors.
The process of self certification is the method that is generally accepted to allow investment providers to send their marketing and promotional material to someone – it effectively qualifies an individual to receive the information.
Amyma has a digital mechanism of sending, completing and returning your self certification simply and efficiently. You can either self certify on our website or we will send you the self certification link via email. The link will take you to a digital form that has the appropriate statement.
Once in receipt of this you are required to read and complete the form which is only required to have your name, email address and a e-signature.
Once Amyma is in receipt of your self certification, your agent will forward it to the investment providers that you would like to receive information from. This means that you only need to complete one self certification per year (1 year is the maximum term of validity) and it can be sent to whichever investment provider you choose.
The process of completing a self certification form typically takes less than 5 minutes.
Cooling off period
A 14-day “cooling off” period is administered by investments introduced by Amyma Ltd, as per distance selling regulations. During this time should you decide against making the investments, you can request back funds from the bond issuer or investment fund.
After 14 days, you will be sent a welcome pack by the bond issuer or investment fund that includes a welcome letter, information memorandum, receipt of funds and a copy of the LP6 form where appropriate.
The LP6 form shows the administration of the partnership and investment amount and is filed and recorded at Companies House.
Your returns are paid to you directly by the bond issuer or investment fund as per the terms of your investment.
At the end of your investment term, once all the money due to you has been paid, your interest in the investment or Partnership will be dissolved.
AML – Anti Money Laundering requirements
As with any investment transaction, you will be required to provide two forms of identification for Anti Money Laundering (AML) purposes. The current requirements are copies of photographic identification and proof of address.
- Photographic ID, Passport or drivers license;
- Proof of address, utility bill, bank statement letter from HMRC. The copy of this document must show a date within 3 months of the current date to qualify. Only your name, the date and your address are required to be seen on the headed paper – all other details such as bank or bill values can be blacked out.
Your AML is required by every investment provider in order for your purchase to complete. Amyma has been advised that it is also required to keep a digital copy of your identification for its own records once you decide to purchase. Your identification as well as any other personal details we hold on file for you are kept in line with all current data protection legislation and will not be shared with any third parties without your consent.
Speak with one of our introducing agents
Our team of experienced agents are on hand to help you with any queries.